Explain some factors which are responsible for localisation of jute textile mills mainly along the banks of Hugli river?
class-10th social science
Asked By Dori Lal
1(1) Proximity of the jute producing areas.
(2) Inexpensive water transport, supported by a good network of railways and roadways.
21. availability of water,
2 availability of cheap labour,
3 availability of cheap transport.
31. Abundance water availability
2. Jute production is mainly done in and around in a narrow belt in the hugli basin
3. Cheap Transport facilities available ( Port facilities)
4. Cheap labour force
5. Kolkata an urban center providing banking , insurance etc.